Infographic Description: Fatigue is the most common symptom experienced by adults and children with cancer.
- Almost every cancer patient reports some fatigue.
- Length and depth of sleep may not relieve fatigue.
- Cancer patients can experience mental fatigue as well as physical fatigue.
- NCI-supported studies of exercise, including yoga, have shown that activity reduces symptoms of fatigue for some cancer patients.
- Fatigue related to cancer and its treatment is often not relieved by rest.
NCI supports research to measure, understand, and treat fatigue in cancer patients.